University of California Employee Pay
As part of its commitment to transparency and public accountability, each year the University of California publicly reports employee pay data. The report covers UC's more than 191,000 career faculty and staff employees, as well as part-time, temporary and student employees.
UC has released its employee pay data for 2012. A summary analysis of UC's 2012 payroll, along
with breakdowns of pay by individual employee, personnel category and fund sources is available at
Below is a searchable database of payroll data. It may be used to search for pay information on an individual UC employee or a group of employees (e.g., employees with the same job titles). By clicking on the category headings at the top of the display, data may also be sorted by location, salary level, and other criteria.
- Payroll data is based on the full prior calendar year.
- Pursuant to federal student privacy laws, the names of all employees who were UC students (including medical residents) at any point during a given calendar year have been redacted and appear as ******.
- Employee compensation listed in the "Other Pay/Adjustment" category includes:
- Faculty pay for Summer Session or University Extension teaching
- Contract and grant-funded pay for faculty research performed during summer months
- Negotiated additional pay for clinical care and research by faculty in Health Sciences schools (funded from clinical revenues and contracts and grants)
- Performance-based incentive compensation and similar payments that recognize achievement of specific performance goals or exemplary service
- Negative adjustments (negative adjustments for 2010 were primarily due to reductions resulting from the 2009-10 UC furlough program)