University of California Employee Pay
As part of its commitment to transparency and public accountability, each year the University of California publicly reports employee pay data. The report covers UC's career faculty and staff employees, as well as part-time, temporary and student employees.
UC has released its employee pay data for 2015. A summary analysis of UC's 2015 payroll, along
with breakdowns of pay by individual employee, personnel category and fund sources is available at
2015 UC compensation information has also been reported to the California State Controller's Office.
Below is a searchable database of payroll data. It may be used to search for pay information on an individual UC employee or a group of employees (e.g., employees with the same job titles). By clicking on the category headings at the top of the display, data may also be sorted by location, salary level, and other criteria.
- Payroll data is based on the selected calendar year.
- Pursuant to federal student privacy laws, the names of all employees whose employment was dependent upon student status (including medical residents) at any point during a given calendar year have been redacted and appear as ******.
- Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR) employees are reported under one of the campuses (Berkeley, Davis, or Riverside) or the UC Office of the President, depending on where their payroll was processed.
- Employee compensation listed in the "Regular Pay" category includes Base Pay and reductions due to participation in the voluntary Employee Reduction in Time and phased retirement programs
- Employee compensation listed in the "Other Pay" category includes:
- Negotiated additional pay for clinical care and research by faculty in Health Sciences schools (funded from clinical revenues and contracts and grants)
- Faculty pay for Summer Session or University Extension teaching
- Pay for faculty research performed during summer months, funded by extramural contracts and grants
- Performance-based incentive compensation and similar payments that recognize achievement of specific performance goals or exemplary service
- Other categories such as shift differentials,payout of unused vacation leave upon separation, and lump sum payments made as part of the settlement of union bargaining agreements